Friday, May 14, 2010

Follow Us

octuplets in one womb

Single, twins, triplets, quadroplets .. you name it.. it's normal.. but OCTUPLETS?.. Wwhat?!?!

Please excuse my surprise, but really, I gaped when I heard of it. I maybe late in the news, well, what can I do? I'm not the type of person who stays on t.v., or radio, or even the net to gather news..


I was visiting my brother's place in Cavite and while having our siesta and we are having quality time
(together with my nephew), the television was switched on to a local channel. I don't mind what they are showing, it's boxing anyway.. not much fan..hehehe.. oh well, back on track.. after the main event they showed what's coming next.. and I really watched that show. I got interested in it..since it says "Interview with the Octuplets".


I didn't imagine it could be true, I wonder how can it be? How those eight babies fit on the mother's womb? How does she looked like - how big her tummy must be - while in pregnancy?


Nadya Suleman, the mother of the octuplets was born in Fullerton, California, the only child of Edward and Angela Doud, married in Las Vegas in 1974, and divorced in 1999.

The Suleman octuplets are six male and two female children conceived via in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and born on January 26, 2009. Suleman has other six children prior to the octuplets and
in that six, she has a set of twins. The children carries their biological fathers' last name - Solomon. David Solomon was allegedly the single sperm donor for the octuplets as well as Sulemans' other six kids.


The Suleman octuplets are the second set of octuplets in United States to be born alive and the longest survival-rate for a complete set of octuplets set by the Chukwu octuplets of 1998. The discussion on the interview and also the facts I gathered in the internet is interesting and also complicated, so I won't be discussing it here. I am just so surprised to learn that more babies could fit in a single womans' womb, or that you could implant an embryo to a woman and have kids out of that. Science is really amazing but I would still prefer God's will. ^_^

The octuplets have interesting names though, and they are relatively weightless.

* Noah Angel Suleman - male; 2 lbs 8 oz
* Maliyah Angel Suleman - female; 2 lbs 2 oz
* Isaiah Angel Suleman - male; 3 lbs 1 oz
* Nariyah Angel Suleman - female; 2 lbs 3 oz
* Makai Angel Suleman - male; 1 lbs 12 oz
* Josiah Angel Suleman - male; 2 lbs 9 oz
* Jeremiah Angel Suleman - male; 1 lb 13 oz
* Jonah Angel Suleman - male; 2 lbs 7 oz

5 comments:

MinnieRunner said...

Whoah! Ang laki ng womb niya. Really, a woman's womb is soo amazing. Minention din ba sa news kung nabuhay 'yung walong sanggol?

svetlana said...

yeah.. as of last week when i watched that interview, the kids were all alive...

melody said...

wow!!! sooo awesome...i cant believe it!!! 8 babies??? what a womb!!!

Jerla Oh lalala said...

ay matagal nayan na news :) actually 14 na lahat anak nya kc meron na cya 6 na anak b4 cya na nganak ng 8. buhay lahat ng bb's nya. kya lng binatikus yan cya nga mga media dahil sa ginawa nya tapos wla pa cyang work tapos wlang asawa. mlalaki na rin ung 8 na bb's nya kaso isa sa 8 masakitin din dahil premature. actually meron din ditong reality show ang title "19 and still counting" kc 19 anak nila :) ang dami nyan dito sa america

svetlana said...

@jerla yeah that's whats said on the news kaya nga taka aq eh. ska prang my psycho prob dn xa.. gz2 nia ng big family kaya nagpagawa xa ng gnun.. hai anu n kya hitsura womb nia? hehehe