Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Follow Us

Holy WeeK and my Plans

It is holy week in Roman Catholic calendar. Holy week is the observation of Christ s life before his death on the cross, before he gave his life in exchange of forgiveness of the sins of the people.

It is the last week of Lent and the week before Easter.

This year, 2010, This week starts yesterday, March 28 with the Palm Sunday. On this day we remember the successful entrance of the Lord, Jesus Christ in Jerusalem. I went to church late morning for the 10 a.m mass with my youngest sister.

It is now the second day of the holy week. Most schools are already in vacation for the summer though some colleges still have classes.

Offices have still work until Wednesday and will be on vacation starting on Maunday Thursday until the Easter Sunday. Our office announces an overtime work during those days - Maunday Thursday, Good Friday and Black Saturday. Well, nothing new in that, didn t have to be surprised.

But, I am not going to report to work on any of those three days..Hehehe..nothing new too.

I didn t observe Fasting (not eating or reducing dairy and meaty foods) the whole Lenten season (that is from Ash Wednesday until Easter Sunday). I have my own devotion on this week. My sacrifice will be the joing the Alay-Lakad (Sacrifice walk) from home (Cembo, Makati) to the Church in Antipolo City, Rizal.

This is my third walk in this route. We usually start around 8 p.m. on Maunday Thursday and arrived on the church on the early morning - around 2 a.m. on Good Friday. It is tiresome and as well as fun, too.

I enjoyed each walk of course we are praying while walking. Hopefully through this sacrifice we can share and feel a little of what Jesus has suffered during those times of turmoil in His life.

I am looking forward to this walk. I know it would be a good one. *_*

No comments: