Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Follow Us

Red Field

    I grew up in a farm. Mountains actually. I have loved that country life when I was a kid. I enjoyed tropical weather. But the adventurous side of me asked for more. I wanted to live in the city and I did. When my oldest sister showed interest in getting my younger sister to live with her in Manila, I intervened and volunteered myself.

    I have lived in our beautiful place for 15 years, until I went to the chaotic city life. Eleven years has past and I returned to the farm. This time it's not mountainous and tropical, but a flat area and has warm weather. Very different from what I have grow up with.

    During my first few months here I got interested to this plantation. I've never seen like this. We never grew. We only plant rice and corn there.. And coconuts and bananas or abaca. But not this one. So I took picture and ask about it.
sorghum

     Learned that this are the sorghum used as animal food. And that it is one of the five top cereal crops in the world, along with wheat, oats, corn, and barley (no rice? hmmm) hehehe. When in bloom or ready for harvesting, it looks great and beautiful. Not like rice's golden color, but reddish and stronger one. 

(^-^)sorghum farm
sorghum farming

No comments: